THE ZODIAC WAR
^ _ ` a b c d e f g h i

Chapter 21: Shopaholics Anonymous

"I don't need new clothes, and I don't want to go shopping!" Agrias whined.

"Oh, knock it off, Agrias, loosen up a little, and take your mind off of battle for once!" Aeris encouraged.

"Under all that armor is a beautiful woman and it's about time we showed the world, even in battles, don't you think men notice?"

"Well....I suppose they do notice..."

"You'd probably look even better in a dress!"

"I--don't really think it matters--but I--......guess I'll try it."

Aeris giggled in glee, "Good! At least try something on, get the feel for it!"

Garnet chimed in, "While you try something daring, Agrias, I, Reis, and Alma will be trying something to impress the men....something Tre' Gallant!"

Aeris and Agrias entered the dress shop, and a young trim-cut man awaited them. "And what is mademoiselles' desire?"

Aeris responded without missing a beat, "A makeover pronto! Merci."

"Uoi, Madam," the man replied.

Meanwhile, Delita and Ramza took a few coins of gil into the appraisal shop for examination:

"Hmmm," said an examiner with a large monocle, "The archaic dates are very ancient, I've only seen one coin like this, and it's markings were very heavily worn away. One of a kind piece actually, they only made these during the "Lion War" era, due to the shortage of metals, but you bring me a piece that is in near mint condition. What can I say?"

"We have a ton of these, in a sack we carry, approximately 10 billion."

The examiner looked at him wide-eyed and said, "T-ten billion gil from that era?!" He quickly composed himself and then pronounced, "I see absolutely no form of forgery or false duplication of this coin, the ones you've shown me are all real...." he whispered in marvel, "Ten Billion..."

"Well, sir, how much is one of these worth....?" Delita asked.

The man looked at him in disbelief, "If you sold only one of these coins you would have Fifty Thousand Gil on your hands....b-but Ten Billion," he said with an insane look in his eye, multiplied all the figures, "Th-that's about......50,000,000,000,000 g--g--gil! 50 Trillion Gil! WHERE IN GOD'S NAME DID YOU GET THESE COINS!!!!"

There was no answer, because both Delita and Ramza fainted. At this point, the examiner started to laugh hysterically, almost maniacally and ran out of the room screaming, "THEY'RE BUTT UGLY RICH, HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!"

Meanwhile, down the street, Cloud and Sephiroth were at a weapon shop looking at the latest weaponry, and laughing about it.

"Get a load of this, who the heck uses whips for weapons anymore, huh?" Cloud laughed.

"I don't know about you, but I get a kick out of these old shotguns, no one I knew used such a weapon with poor accuracy." Sephiroth said.

"Hey, what's this weird thing? It looks like both a pistol and a sword?"

The clerk stepped forward, "Can I help you gentlemen?"

Cloud replied, "Oh we're just browsing, what is this thing?"

"That, is one of the finest crafted Gunblades in Esthar, care to try it out? The trigger action is automatic as soon as the blade swings out at a target, tri-burst fire too!"

"A semi-automatic sword! Ha! I've never seen anything like this! Have you Sephiroth!?"

"I've been a lot of places," he said, "but I've never seen a weapon like that before."

"Y'know what, I think I'm gonna try it out, just for laughs..."

The clerk replied, "There's a target range in the back, come this way."

Cloud asked the clerk what kind of gunblade it was, "This ones called, 'Punishment.'"

"Hmm...cool name, how do you use it?"

"You grasp the grip with your left hand, and the trigger grip with your right, it's one of the hardest weapons to truly master."

"If you know how to use a sword like I do," Cloud said, "it really isn't that hard."

"Target the robots and aim for their chests and swing."

Cloud lifted the gunblade up like he would raise his Ultima, and performed Omnislash on over 50 of the drone targets set before him demolishing all of them.

The clerk looked at the pile of robots, then at Cloud, "You sure you've never used a gunblade before....?"

"Yeah, but I'm used to a regular hilt, this gunblade feels too awkward to me."

Sephiroth laughed. The clerk told Cloud, "Be careful out there, I had a guy walk in here who is just as good with a gunblade as you claimed to be with that purple sword you have. He was dressed all in black except for a fur collar and a metal lion necklace, never said much, but if I were you, I wouldn't get on his bad side."

Sephiroth looked at Cloud and jokingly said, "A man dressed in black huh? Now that's our kind of swordsman....well, see you later."

"Yeah," the man sighed as they left wondering how in the world he was going to clean up the mess of robot parts they demolished.

Walking down the street Cloud asked Sephiroth, "Who do you suppose this guy dressed in black is, maybe a Brave?"

"Can't say for sure, but if we find him, I'll ask eh?" the two laughed, surprised at how carefree they seemed to have become. Further up the street Beowulf was purchasing a Silver and Gold chain necklace for Reis, but wasn't quite sure if it would suit her.

The female clerk said, "Even if she is active like you say, I think she'll like it very much, sir."

"I hope so....cause I'm not good at getting gifts for people, especially women." The clerk wrapped up the gift and gave it to him. As he walked down the street he saw something he didn't expect: Ramza and Delita in a dumbfounded state of shock, and Cloud and Sephiroth laughing.

He wasn't quite sure what to make of this so he asked one question, "What happened?"

Meanwhile the girls were looking in amazement at how such a rough and strong Holy Knight like Agrias, could cut such an attractive figure in a tight fitting v-neck dress.

"Agrias--you're actually making me jealous! You're--bigger-than me!" Aeris squealed.

"What can I say? I....just work out a lot."

Alma said, marveling, "Under all that heavy armor, she still looks like she could be a queen? I don't believe it!"

Garnet said, putting on an exotic dress, "Well, let's show the men when we meet them at the Presidential Residence. Zidane will be in utter shock." She laughed.

Reis walked in the room and all four girls were stunned, she had a light blue silk skirt, and a sky blue blouse to match.

"You....look wonderful," Aeris said.

"I....just wanted to impress Beowulf is all." Reis said shyly.

"Oh, you will--you definitely will!" Garnet said mouth open.

The five girls walked out to the hovercar, makeup and lipstick laden. Wedge looked at them once and said:

"Wow...."

He didn't realize it but he had pressed the com button on the CB and Biggs was saying, "Wow what Wedge? What the hell are you talking about?"

"Uhhhhhhhm.....nooooothing....sir." He radioed out, and almost forgot to turn the ignition as they drove toward the residence.

"Do....you mind if we leave our armor in the car, Wedge?" Aeris said in as sweet and manipulative a voice as possible while stroking his hair.

"N---no, don't w-worry about it?!" was his response.

"Thank...you." she said in a sexy voice.

He nearly floored the gas pedal when he heard that.

It didn't take long before the group made it to the Residence, both cars had arrived.

On to Chapter 22 >>>>

Back to Chapter Index >>>>