THE ZODIAC BRAVE ALLIANCE
^ _ ` a b c d e f g h i

Chapter 28: Journey of the Heart

"Why don't you just quit?"

The voice seemed to challenge and undermine everything they stood for. The thoughts, the feelings, and the very purpose for which they had even come to the Summit.

Pharda scratched his head, he was perplexed, there was supposed to be an entrance to this Wind Shrine, but they'd been around the area for hours with little more than cold stiffness for their hard search.

"I don't get it, the light from our Shards led us here, so where is it we're supposed to go?" Andomiel felt along the rocks for some clue, some sign of where they were supposed to be headed.

"I'm not sure but, the last couple of times, in order to find the shards, we used the ones we already had. Right?" Fenris suggested.

"It could work...since this mountainside is a maze of sorts anyway, it's worth a shot." Rose agreed.

And so Pharda pulled out his Shard, which began to glow a dim but sure light, that seemed to grow brighter the more they traveled in a specific direction.

"Hey Pharda! Be careful!" Tempest warned.

"Whoa!"

Pharda's foot kicked a stray rock which crumbled and tumbled down a deep ravine.

"That was way too close for comfort!" Pharda breathed a sigh of relief. "But now we have a new problem, the Shard is saying that the Piece we're looking for is below us..."

"That can't be good." Andomiel crouched down, looking deep into the crevasse for some sort of rock purchase to climb on.



On to Chapter 29 >>>>

Back to Chapter Index >>>>